The above image is from the cover of Confirmands Journal for Making Disciples: A New Approach to Confirmation by William H. Willimon, published by Logos Productions, Inc., Inver Grove Heights, MN, 2008.
2019 Confirmation Class
Our Confirmation Class this year is composed of seventh, eighth and ninth grade students. Each student is matched with a mentor who is a member of the church, but not a relative. A large component of Confirmation Class at SFCC is the relationship that is developed between student and mentor. Attending at least 75% of these meetings by both mentor and student is expected, but more informal gatherings outside of these class times with both are encouraged.
March 28th, Thursday: 4-6 pm Meeting in Youth Room, upstairs
March 31, Sunday: View "Jesus of Nazareth" movie part 1, 4 - 6 pm, in Community Hall.
April 7, Sunday: View "Jesus of Nazareth" movie part 2, 4 - 6 pm, in Community Hall.
April 14, Sunday: Meet with mentors prior to movie, 3:00 pm in Youth Room, Upstairs
April 14, Sunday: View "Jesus of Nazareth" movie part 3, 4-6 pm, in Community Hall.
April 18, Thursday: Participate in Maundy Thursday Service, 7:00 pm
April 19, Friday: Attend Good Friday Service, 12:00 noon
April 21, Sunday: Easter services: 6:00 am Sunrise service on Town Dock, 9:00 am Service, or 11:00 am service.
May 10-12, Friday night to Sunday: Two night Pilgrim Lodge Work Camp and Youth Retreat
May 19, Sunday: go to worship service at Grace Church in Windham with Pastor Peter and Dave Palm, 10 -12 noon.
June 9, Sunday: 11:00 -1:00 meeting after Pentacost Service
June 29, Saturday(To Be Confirmed) AMMA Event in Marlborough, MA, leave at 6:00 am.
To successfully complete the Confirmation program, students must at minimum:
- attend at least 12 meetings (75%), (exceptions may be taken under consideration for extenuating circumstances)
- work with their mentor to complete the assigned chapters of the workbook
- complete a community service project,
- visit at least one other religious or church service from a different denomination or religion,
- participate in a church service at SFCC (Maundy Thursday),
- attend an SFCC worship service at least 5 times and provide a short write up about his or her worship experience in church each of those 5 times. (Write up forms are available with Beth in the church office.)