This week's Meditation:
“Thoughts on being average but available:
- No one can help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
- Prayer: O God, grant that the heat in my heart might melt the lead in my feet.
- Mend your nets with prayer, cast them in faith, and draw them in love.
- Jesus went about doing good; many just go about.
- A dewdrop does God’s will as much as a thunderstorm.
- Service is love dressed in work clothes.
- It is not the hours you put in, but what you put in the hours.”
- as cited in The Complete Book of Zingers, Croft M. Pentz, ed. (Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers, 1990.)
South Freeport Congregational Church Welcomes you!
Our Sunday morning worship service begins at 9:30 am
with the Reverend Dr. David Bowling presiding. We have Sunday School classes for children in preschool through 8th grade during the service and nursery care available.
Located at 98 South Freeport Road in the beautiful village of South Freeport, Maine, we are only a short drive from Route One and the center of downtown Freeport. (Directions can be found under the "Location and Direction" tab under "About" in the menu above.) Throughout the year we have a variety of community events to which all are invited. Our mission as an Open and Welcoming Church is to be a source of worship, education, service and healing for all in the community and worldwide. If you are interested or curious about what we do and who we are, please feel free to stop by, call the church office, or drop us a note.
You can reach us by:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 46, South Freeport, ME 04078
May Peace be with You.